Maybe you want to save the world. Maybe you just want to save the weekend. Try this cocktail that is strong enough to meet any challenge and smooth enough to preserve your super powers.
With the release of Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War (Part 1), we are going to need a good, stiff drink to brace ourselves for the conclusion of The Avengers Series.
And with today being Earth Day, and our planet in peril in so many other ways than Thanos and his ilk, our cocktail is going to have to go down smooth for us to not miss a step in our efforts to save the day.
Marvel Studios did not ask me to create an Avenger cocktail, but I’m sure they would have if they were not so preoccupied. So I took the initiative to create on that I’m sure they would love.
Click on the video to see the ingredients and steps, and then blend your own. The heroes are going to need all the help they can get.
Chef Jack’s Marvel(ous) Avenger:
- 2 oz. good bourbon (Maker’s 46 is my choice)
- 2 oz. Bittermilk No. 3 Smoked Honey Whiskey Sour Mix
- 1 oz. Licor 43
- 1/2 oz. dry vermouth
- Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel-Aged Bitters
- Lemon slice and maraschino cherry to garnish (try a Luxardo cherry for even more flavor and class)
- Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker and add ice
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Add two large, hero-sized ice cubes
- Pour cocktail over ice
- Add 2-3 dashes of bitters
- Garnish with a lemon slice and a Luxardo maraschino cherry
Now, go save the world. Or at least the weekend.